2016 has come and gone and, reflecting on it last night, we feel most truly blessed. I hope the same is true for you!
Here are a few of our favorite memories from this past year:
- We traveled to Spain, England, Italy, Ireland, and saw more of beautiful Germany.
- We hiked a volcano as a family.
- Our gorgeous son was born at home with a wonderfully skilled German Hebamme (midwife) in attendance.
- We met President Barack Obama. Well, Ben and I were in the small crowd with all the other embassy families. Our kids were right next to him and actually got to speak to him. It was pretty cool!
- We met Secretary of State John Kerry two weeks later.
There are many other wonderful noteworthy highlights from this year, but these were some of the big ones. As for 2017, we have HUGE lifestyle changes ahead of us! It’s going to be an uphill adventure, but we are ready to take it on! Can’t wait to share it with you as we journey onward!
I hope 2016 was a good year for you, and that you said farewell to it with joy and peace. Wishing you many blessings and fruitful challenges in 2017!
P.S. Sorry for the iPhone photos!